Wednesday 29 November 2017

WOYWW #443: Altered tin and other things

I have just about enough time to squeeze in a WOYWW post this morning. I've been making headway with my various projects since last week. I've completed quite a few pages in my paper bag journal, added some paint to my crackled clothes tags and finished the little tin that was sitting on my desk waiting to be altered. The photo shows what my desk looked like during the proceedings. I'd just stuck on a die-cut pattern from textured cardstock, which I subsequently covered with black gesso and various metallic paints to achieve a metallic look.


This is what the finished tin looks like. It's perfect for holding those gelli printed feathers I made earlier this year:




I had some left over metallic paints on my palette and not wanting to waste them, on impulse, I spread them on my altered clothes tags lying around. I had no idea whether this would ruin them but I just went ahead and did it. The gamble has paid off; they look fantastic and the metallic look really enhanced the muted colours of the distress oxides and made the crackles look almost like glass. Here are some photos of the textures I achieved (I'll do a separate post of the whole process once the tags are fully completed):





Let me also show you a sneak peek at one of the pages in progress in my paper bag journal. I'll do a separate post as well when the journal is completed. There are only a couple of more pages to go, which I hope to finish over the weekend.


So, that was me for today! I'll be doing my rounds later as soon as my household chores are done. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.