Wednesday 28 June 2017

WOYWW #421: Erosion Bundle Results (yay!)

I seem to be out of sync with the WOYWW sequence, but I'll follow Julia's lead and call this week #422. (Nope, it is #421, after all!) Which is the number of weeks this marathon blog hop has been going on and even continues while Julia is Stateside doing all sorts of fun things.

What a difference a week makes, hey? Unbearably hot and stifling last week, cool and refreshing this week - I know which one I prefer! And I don't even mind the rain! Over the weekend, I decided to open my erosion bundles that I'd put out in the garden back in February, inspired by Evelyn Flint. I blogged about them here and here. My bundles looked like this before I opened them:


Having learned my lesson from the sneak peek, I opened them outside expecting all sorts of residents to emerge. Sure enough, there were some spiders, earwigs and other tenants that I couldn't even identify crawling around. They have all been evacuated unharmed and are now happily living somewhere else in the garden. There was a lot of ooohing and aaahing on my part when I opened the packets, though neither my son nor my husband seemed to understand my fascination with the weathered textures and colours. My son thought they were "skanky" - I think, they're delectable! Each to their own - see, what you think!  







I'm totally in love with this process and will try it again soon. I can use these elements in collages and on journal pages or just admire them as they are. 

Thanks for visiting today. I lost my internet connection last week, just as I was doing my rounds, so it took me a few days to get back to everyone. If I accidentally missed you, please give me a shout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.