Wednesday 14 June 2017

WOYWW #419: A cheap organizer

Hello peeps! I'm here again for another round of WOYWW - the second week in a row, which is an achievement in itself. I managed to do some arting yesterday - here's the obligatory desk shot:


I was working (playing!) in a cheap organizer I'd picked up from The Works at the weekend for just £2! It's got lots of pockets, which is what attracted me to it in the first place. I'm not an organizer sort of person, so I'll just use it as an art journal and fill the pockets with tags and cards and such. I've already done a couple of pages, just randomly playing with paint. Not all pages need to have a "story" - sometimes it's just about the play. I'll have fun altering the cover later. It's nice and sturdy, so I'm thinking of a Finnabair-type collage for the cover. 

The £2 organizer!

First two pages

Detail shot
Detail shot
I've also found a great way to display my printed feathers from last week. Remember those mini buckets I altered a while ago? They're perfect for holding my feathers! I just stuck a bit of aluminium foil in them to hold the feathers in place - almost like a bunch of flowers. I need to paint some more feathers so I can fill all three of my buckets.


We've had some lovely sunny weather over the last few days. I just hope it won't get too hot. Any hotter and I start suffering. Here's Oreo enjoying a bit of sunbathing, making sure the rays reach all parts of his tummy, not worrying about his modesty. How does he not get overheated with all that fur?


Thanks for popping in!
Hope your day is filled with sunshine too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.