Tuesday 10 January 2017

LifeBook Week02 (Part 1): Affirmation Cards

The second week of LifeBook brought us not one but TWO bonus lessons - each a full lesson in its own right, if you ask me. We're so spoilt! The first lesson was by the lovely Andrea Gomoll whom I first met on LB 2015. Andrea created a deck of affirmation cards to help us keep positive throughout the year. These type of affirmation cards are commercially available as well, but what could be more fun than to create your own!

I used a sheet of A3 watercolour paper and splashed some acrylic inks all over it, diluting them with water. I don't know whether it's because of the kind of inks I used, but my page didn't look anything like it was supposed to. However, once I cut it into pieces, I quite liked the effect. I've got 8 cards out of the A3 sheet. They are about 6" X 4" in size. These were the colours I used on both sides of the sheet:





Once I cut my cards and rounded off the corners, I splattered some white gesso over them and added some collage elements. They are all daVinci girls printed from the Internet. I thought they matched my colour scheme, but now I realize they may not match my theme that well as they all seem rather sad and gloomy, but hey, maybe these ladies just need some positive affirmations to cheer them up! I added my sentiments and some outlines and borders as finishing touches.





As a by-product, I ended up with these inked kitchen towels, which I actually rescued from the bin after absentmindedly chucking them away. When will I learn?  I'm not sure what I will use them for just yet, but it would have been a shame to throw them away.


This deck of cards will fit nicely in a pocket inside my LifeBook. It can also be expanded with cards of the same size, but with a different colour scheme. I felt very inspired by this lesson and would create more cards right now if I didn't have another great bonus lesson to work on this week. I'll be back with Part 2 shortly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.