Wednesday 7 December 2016

WOYWW #392: A failed painting, things to alter and Oreo stuck on the roof

Good morning peeps! I wasn't going to take part in WOYWW this week as I didn't have much to show you, but then I changed my mind in the last minute. Lucky I snapped a photo of my desk yesterday, just in case. It looks like it was taken at night, but it was actually in the middle of the day. I was working on a LifeBook page, but I think I'll have to redo it as it doesn't look anything like the lesson. I like some parts of it but not the whole composition. I'll show it to you anyway.


This is the bit that I like

Let's bling it up!

This composition doesn't really work for me

It looked a bit barren, so I tried to bling it up with some string and stickles, but I'm not sure it worked LOL. It reminds me of jewels. I added the string to  make a connection between the elements, but I don't think it helped much. I'll have another go at this lesson later today. Other than that, I can show you a few things I'm planning to alter: a large coffee jar, two smaller jars, one of those cardboard drums that are great for holding your pens and pencils, and a small wooden storage unit I picked up on clearance at B&Q. I'm most excited about this latter one, and have been thinking about what to do with it, but I'm not sure yet. There are just too many possibilities! Let me know if you have any suggestions! I'm thinking of doing a printer's tray style alteration. 

Things to alter


Oreo wasn't going to be featured on my blog today, but in the last minute the opportunity presented itself. When he goes outside, somehow he manages to get on the conservatory roof - we're not sure how! Luckily, we have a bathroom window over the roof, otherwise he would be stuck as he cannot come down. Here he is walking on the roof, waiting to be let in just a few minutes ago:


And here he is trying to get in. It's very tricky when the roof is slippery:


Thank you all for visiting! 
I know it's a hassle for some of you to sign into Google to comment but
I want you to know that I appreciate the effort and I always try to return every visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.