Wednesday 28 September 2016

WOYWW #382: Recycling your own art on tags

Happy Wednesday Peeps! The weather is definitely turning autumnal. I love this time of year, don't you? Christmas is already on the horizon, but we still have our memories of the summer fresh in our minds. Oops, I'm not here to get sentimental, but to share my desk on the Stamping Ground for today's WOYWW.  Here it is, looking like a battleground yesterday afternoon.


I was working on this week's LifeBook bonus lesson, creating "page wardens" as introduced by the lovely and super creative Roxanne Coble. These are basically tags used as bookmarks inside your journals to ward off self-doubt and your inner critic. Boy, do I need those! I machine stitched my own artwork to these tags on a watercolour background decorated with some washi tapes and doodling. They're all different shapes and sizes with a matching piece of sari ribbon. Here's my collection so far:






I've got a few more photos to share today. I took a snapshot of the birthday cake I made for my son last week. It's long gone now - we decorated it with M&Ms. We had to throw away a big chunk of it because we caught Oreo licking it (which makes me think, what else did he lick while we were not looking, ewww)!


In the next photo, Oreo is surveying the garden after the rain. I find it very atmospheric!


Finally, I was able to get him to settle on his new cat tree, though he still doesn't use it on his own free will, preferring to lounge on the dishrack instead! You can see both scenarios illustrated below.




Thanks so much for stopping by.
Wishing you all a creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.