Monday 11 April 2016

Wanderlust Week14: Connections (working in a grid)

It's been a week since my last blog post. I've had this Wanderlust project ready for a while, but I only just now felt compelled to blog it. The idea of working in a grid came from Mystele. She used torn strips of patterned paper and book paper to create a grid, filling the spaces with mini works of art.

My take on this was a little different. I filled the grid spaces with further collage and colour, then I used stencils and stamps for the imagery and added some sentiments along the way. The words are all meaningful to me and I tried to use Mystele's idea of making emotional connections between the boxes. This is quite a large piece - A3 in size, which is the largest I've ever worked on. It was an enjoyable process and I'm sure I will use this technique again and again in my journalling.

First, I'll show you the entire sheet and then a few section close-ups, followed by a couple of sections even closer, so you can see the underlying textures better. Just click on the first photo to launch the full screen gallery.









Thanks so much for visiting! 
With the school spring break over, I hope to return to regular blogging this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.