Wednesday 2 December 2015

WOYWW #339: You're Stronger Than You Think

Hello again, Deskers! I ran out of time this morning - distracted by so many things - but perhaps it's not too late for me to join this week's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. Yeah, right, who am I kidding? This is what my desk looked like yesterday afternoon.


In the middle is a journal page I was working on. I'll show you the completed page at the end of this post. On the left is a set of stamps I picked up on eBay at a bargain price (birds and butterflies) - I later used some of these on my page.  North of that is the January issue of the Craft Stamper magazine. Now that they are taking a mixed media angle, I've decided to subscribe.

Oreo has settled in very well. He's quite a character and very affectionate - also a little naughty. Here he is lounging on my computer chair upstairs, which means I have to fit my bum on the edge of the chair somehow if I want to sit down. Oh, well, can't disturb the cat when he's so cushy.


Here's my completed page. I used Golden's Nickel Azo Gold and Teal - my current favourite colours. I added some gelli prints, stencilling, stamping and a magazine cutout. I printed the title using two different computer fonts. This came to me while thinking about how people overcome difficulties in their lives. I don't consider myself a strong person - in fact I'm very flaky and I usually take the easy and safe route, avoiding problems and hardships as much as possible. I'm not sure how I would react in the face of adversity, but I would like to think that I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. I wanted to depict this sentiment in my page.






And finally - this is completely random - here's a song I can't stop listening to. See if you can resist tapping your feet and bobbing your head to this tune!


Thanks for stopping by! Stay kewl and enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.