Monday 19 October 2015

LifeBook Catch-Up Week 22: Reflections of You

Week 22 of Lifebook titled 'Reflections of You' was taught by Jeanne Oliver.When I first watched the videos for this lesson, I felt a bit intimidated and I wasn't sure if I could do it. In the end, I didn't follow the instructions closely and did a lot of it my way (the only way I know how!), but I kept a few cool ideas from the lesson, namely:

  • using my own photo as the basis for the portrait
  • applying collage pieces from magazines for the hair and clothes
  • adding book paper to the face
  • adopting a muted palette
Overall, I'm quite happy how my painting turned out, though I know there's still a hundred and one things that could be improved. I definitely feel that my skills are improving though, which is good! Although my portrait looks nothing like me, I'm still there somewhere underneath all that paint!

Instead of the additional image transfers according to the lesson, I added a quote, because my composition worked better this way. Plus, my blogging friend, Lynne, challenged me to use this quote on a journal page, and this was a good opportunity to do so! 

Here's my completed page and I'll also show you the original sketch over my photo. It doesn't look anything like me!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.