Monday 14 September 2015

Whimsy Garden Small Canvas

I created a canvas last year that I just didn't like and was about to throw away during our major decluttering back in the summer, when I thought, what am I doing? I can paint over it!  That's the great thing about canvases - if you don't like something, you can always cover it up with something else!

I wanted to do something really fun and whimsical with my recycled/reclaimed canvas and I remembered the videos of +Betty Franks Krause, Mystic Tulip Art. I find them incredibly inspirational and very appealing with all their colour and whimsy. This style is right up my street! Here's a link to the original video:


My canvas is rather small, 7" X 5" in size. I used a combination of Liquitex Basics, Amsterdam and Golden Fluid acrylics for the painting and Uniball Eye and Uniball Signo pens for the doodling. Although these pens are not waterproof, I think I can seal them with an acrylic spray later. Hope you like my little whimsy canvas and feel inspired to make your own.











I'm linking this post to:

Roses of Inspiration #37
Wow Us Wednesday #239

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.