Wednesday 18 February 2015

WOYWW #298: Recap and peek behind the scenes

Hello deskers! We are just two weeks away from that all important 300th WOYWW! How exciting is that? Are you getting geared up? Make sure you don't miss it!

I'm in-between projects at the moment, so I don't have anything in progress to share. I'll start working on my next LifeBook project soon, probably later today. For now, I'd just like to share some of the projects I completed this past week.

Last week's projects and some new Golden Fluid Acrylics
The umbrella page is my interpretation of this week's DLP prompt: Undercover. If you would like to take a closer look, you can find this post here.

The Gratitude page is the representation of my HeArt Community. I made it on a mixed-media background with torn paper pieces. If you would like to read more about it, please see my blog post.

The colourful square picture was made for a challenge for the Kraafters Kommunity. You can find out more about it here.

And, yes, I've fallen off the bandwagon and invested in some Golden Fluid acrylics. They are amazing! I will only use them for special projects and not waste them on Gelli printing. The Gelli plate gobbles up paint like there's no tomorrow!

By the way, I was going to show you my Gelli printing station in the conservatory (which also doubles up as our general dumping area for toys, cardboard boxes, recycling, etc). I use my son's old toddler table for this purpose and I have my Gelli plate permanently set up on it. I used to religiously clean it and put it away, but I got tired of doing it after a while. Now I can Gelli print any time it tickles my fancy!

My Gelli printing station
I use these cheap acrylics I picked up at Hobby Craft for Gelli printing back in the summer for just £2 each. They were half price! - I haven't seen them at that price ever since. I'm so glad I stocked up when I had a chance! I keep my acrylics in this plastic drawer unit, which is very handy!

My stash of acrylics for Gelli printing
Thanks for visiting today peeps! I'll visit everyone who leaves a comment and will try to visit as many others as I can! Happy WOYWW! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.