Saturday 21 February 2015

WOIW: Beloved

This is my journal page inspired by the word 'beloved' for  the Kraafters Kommunity challenge on Google+ Word of Inspiration Wednesday.

I chose a quote by Soren Kierkegaard, a Danish philosopher, which I could really identify with:

"Love does not alter the beloved, it alters itself"

This is what unconditional love is all about. Loving somebody for who they are and not try to change them to fit our perceived ideals. Or at least that's my interpretation of this quote.

I used quite a few layers for this page, starting out with a layer of gesso. Then came a layer of Golden's Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Transparent Red Iron Dioxide. Just look at those tones, wow! No wonder they're so expensive! I only needed a few drops to cover the whole page, though. 


Next, I added some Liquitex Basics Quinacridone Magenta through a punchinella stencil, followed by some stamp marks in black and white and a heart painted with Speedball's permanent black ink.



I completed the page with some white ink and pen marks and some strips for the quote.


You can see a few close-ups below showing the textures better:









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.