Sunday 22 February 2015

DLP Week08: Worth Repeating

This week's assignment for the Documented Life Project is repeating elements with the journal prompt "worth repeating". I was thinking of how we all like circles and dots and decided to build my page around these fun shapes.

I started out by using two shades of turquoise paint, Golden's teal and cobalt turquoise, the latter being a bit darker than the teal. On top of this I added stenciling with two different sized punchinella stencils using phtalo turquoise and dioxazine purple. I cut circles from a coordinating gelli print and arranged them in a circle as well, and then I added some dotted washi tape. This is what my page looked like after these steps.

Initial layer - teal and cobalt turquoise
Steciling, Gelli prints and washi tape added
I completed the page with some white doodling of circles and dots and a printed title. I first attempted to hand write my title, but it just did not work. I so envy people with neat handwriting! After the shading of the elements, this is what my completed page looks like:








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.