Wednesday 10 December 2014

WOYWW #288: Georgie goes mixed-media!

Hello Everyone! I'm here for another round of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday courtesy of Julia Dunnit on the Stamping Ground.

My plan of trying to keep my work space tidy is going relatively well. I spend 10 minutes each day putting things away, ONLY to bring them out again the next day. Oh well, at least I have a clear work surface, which I find very inviting! Here's a photo I took of my desk/dining table on Tuesday evening with a few items of interest labelled.


Let's walk through my desk in an anti-clockwise direction:
  1. This is the project I worked on all day on Tuesday. I'm not ready to reveal it yet, though if you look at item No. 2, you might get an idea of what it is! (Update: you can now see the completed project here.)
  2. Yes, I admit it, I buy my Christmas cards! But I'm very picky and can take weeks to hunt down the perfect one! These are from WHSmith.
  3. Is it too early to have a glass of wine at 5pm on a Tuesday?
  4. I bought this mini easel at The Works on Saturday. It's great for displaying smaller items. It was only £1,99 including a mini canvas. I think I'll need some more of these!
  5. And finally, the subject of today's blog post: Georgie!
I found out last week, much to my amazement, that I had won Annie Claxton's giveaway on her blog. She's one of our very own deskers, who designed an entire stamp set called Georgie. You can see her demonstrate it in this video. Georgie is very versatile and comes with a lot of accessories. When I found out that I had won, I knew I wanted to do a whimsical project with this set. I decided to do a mixed media board and turn Georgie into a princess with a castle, a crown, long hair and a long dress! 

I used the stiff board cover off a notebook as my substrate, which I covered with book paper and patterned paper.  Then I added a layer of colour using Caran D'ache Neocolor II crayons and distressed it with white acrylic paint applied with a brayer.  I added some of the colour back with the Neocolors later. I cut Georgie and the castle shape from watercolour card, which I shaded with the Neocolors as well. I used some tissue paper to create texture for the path. I also used the flower stamp and one of the butterflies from the set. When everything was stuck in place, I shaded around the elements with a black Faber-Castell Pitt Brush pen.

I had a lot of fun playing with Georgie, I hope you like the results! If you would like to purchase this wonderful stamp set, here's a link to Annie's Etsy Shop.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.