Sunday 26 October 2014

Sunday Sentiments #4: 26 October 2014

Welcome to another post of Sunday Sentiments! The quote I'm sharing with you this week is this:

"Courage is being yourself every day in a world that expects you to be someone else."

Isn't that true? All too often we conform ourselves to fit the expectations of other people. Stop being the person that other people want you to be and start being true to yourself!

I've created this double spread to celebrate this sentiment in my "practice" journal. I stopped calling it my junk journal as Vicky has pointed out that junk journals are made out of junk. This is just an old diary I use for journalling to give myself the freedom to "mess up" as many pages as I want! 

There's quite a few layers in here starting with some paint off my brayer while gelli printing. I also added some scraps of gelli prints and stencilling and some more paint to fill the blanks spaces. The images all came from the internet, but unfortunately I can't remember where. They're supposed to be free vintage images. I finished off with some washi tapes and white outlining, and also added some white circles with a bottle cap and splatters with some watered down gesso.




This was printed on regular computer paper and coloured with gelatos.

Also printed on regular paper and coloured with gelatos.

Add caption

You can see the background from the diary peeking through

The purple paper is a scrap of gelli print, which I blended into the background with acrylic paint.

Please share your creations for this week below. If you're new to Sunday Sentiments, you can read about it here. Have a happy and creative week and don't forget to be yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.